Saturday, November 28, 2009

Today, He let me in albeit safely

MY BIRTH
Today, I am five years of a quarter of a century shy
Today, on a Wednesday two decades ago, she pushed and wept
My crowning head, curly and bloody
I came in, when he kissed and let go, a wailing infant marked by his seal
Today, two decades ago, I brought pain and then effulgent joy
Today, two decades ago, He let me in

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday?

N.I.M.M.O said...

Now you're here whatchagwandowithit??

Myne said...

Happy birthday...

The experiences of an achiever....... said...

@ Mr.Bagucci..indeed
@ Myne..Thank you!!
@ NIMMO..work in progress!

Nice Anon said...

Happy belated birthday. More years to ya!

Dith said...

Happy belated birthday!!!
Who is the he that let u in?? lol
Hair is looking quite fab I must say. lol

The experiences of an achiever....... said...

@ Nice Anon..Nwanne m dalu!
@ Dith..thank you babe!! God let me in!

Sumptuous said...

Nice, well written, I like.